Job ProfileSummer Intern- Corporate Communications at Harman
Full Time Internship
Eastern Time (ET), Central Time (CT)
Between 19 - 23 USD Per Hour
What will you do in this job?
About the Role
As a member of the Corporate Affairs & Communications team, you will support the team in its global internal communications, PR, social media, and digital and community relations initiatives. The internship provides valuable, hands-on experience in several different communication areas and gives you the opportunity to learn from a professional team with diverse backgrounds and talents.
This position reports into the Director, Internal Communications, but will partner with multiple members of the Corporate Communications team.
What You Will Do
- Support internal and external communications, including managing content, editorial calendars and analytics on our internal intranet and social media channels.
- Provide organizational support for HARMAN Inspired (HARMAN’s global community relations program) through promotional asset creation, product distributions and event coordination. Provide necessary support for events and campaigns.
- Serve as a resource to coordinate internal and external resources, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Aid in content management for department and dissemination to global teams including cataloging content/video resources, updating corporate information and producing media clippings and analysis.
- Gain exposure to other areas of Corporate Communications, including Product Public Relations and Division Communicators to assist with ad-hoc projects.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to work in an office in Stamford, CT (open to hybrid or remote)
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from May 22, 2023 through August 11, 2023 and be able to work 40 hours per week depending on workload
- Highly prefer candidates who live within a commutable distance
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG etc.)
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global environment
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development
- “BE BRILLIANT” employee recognition and rewards program