Job ProfileSr. Software Engineer at auticon
Long Term Employee
What will you do in this job?
auticon is hiring Software Engineers with at least 3 years of on-the-job development experience. If you have an autism diagnosis and are looking to continue your career in tech, we want to hear from you.
As a Software Engineer at auticon, you will help our clients with creating solutions and building products. auticon is a unique autism-friendly technology consulting company. The nature of our consulting work means that as a Software Engineer, you could work on a variety of projects using different skills and be working in either scrum teams or agile pods across multiple teams and/or clients.
We realize that getting and keeping a job can be challenging, so we’re on your side. At auticon we provide supports such as a job coach, a delivery manager and a technical trainer who will work with your individual needs to help you succeed through every stage of your career.
- Minimum 3 years of on-the-job experience in back-end or full-stack web development
- Comfortable with modern front-end web development technologies and techniques (HTML5/CSS3)
- At least moderate proficiency in SQL
- Preferably hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails, Angular, or Node.js
- Comfortable with cloud technologies such as Azure or AWS
- Desire to learn new skills and open to working across different areas of software and data
- With support from your auticon Job Coach and Delivery Manager, able to work in agile environments in client teams and with changes to project focus
Examples of What You’ll Do
- With the support of your auticon Job Coach, Delivery Manager, and Learning and Development Coach, you will work with our client’s team to build solutions for their products and services
- Design, develop, and test front end, back end, services, batch, streaming, or other software (with the exact of work balance depending on your career goals and the project)
- Own the quality of the solutions you create through unit testing, automated testing, and supporting your solutions both before and after they’re in production (with the exact balance depending on your career goals and the project)
- Contribute to a productive agile environment by partnering closely with necessary stakeholders, deploying often, and inspecting and adapting as needed
- Share and receive feedback and knowledge to help our clients improve their systems and products
auticon provides an amazing autistic workforce to improve our client’s technology projects. Our teams specialize in all areas of the software and data lifecycle, including software development, data analysis, quality assurance and testing, automation engineering, and more. We encourage diverse work cultures, recognize each employee for their individual talents and support needs, and deliver outstanding quality to our customers. We work in a team environment where all the team members share a common desire to learn, grow, and have a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
auticon’s Core Values
- We are willing to learn and grow
- We strive to have a positive attitude
- We collaborate and support each other
- We respect individual differences
- 4 weeks paid time off
- 10 paid sick days
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance covered at 100% of the base cost
- Affordable elective insurances
- Personalized learning and development plan and upskilling opportunities
- Job coach support – as little or as much as you need!
- Working in an autistic majority company, including autistic leadership
- Working for major fortune 500 clients
- Remote or hybrid work environment based on client placement