Employer ProfileErnst & Young
Why Are We Hiring Neurodivergents?
Ernst & Young (EY) has made the exciting decision to add hundreds of neurodivergent employees to their staff over the next few years. They are specifically recruiting individuals with a background in technology, coding or data analysis. Applicants are being screened on a rolling basis, and interested parties are encouraged to apply now! EY’s has hired 300+ neurodivergents since 2016 in one of the company’s 14 Neurodiversity Centers of Excellence (NCoEs). In each of these locations, people with neurodivergent conditions are being recruited for their in-demand skills. NCoE managers are specifically trained to empower and accommodate neurodivergent people in a work setting. Adding this often-overlooked talent pool to the company has been so beneficial that EY recently announced their NCoEs will undergo a dramatic expansion. Each location will add a significant number of jobs, and applicants need only to have some experience in data, tech, or coding. There is no degree requirement, or mandated years of work experience. EY’s unique NCoE hiring process evaluates skill and potential, placing a premium on ability over past jobs or social connections. Employees of the NCoEs are paid a competitive salary, and people of all races, ethnicities, genders, and abilities are encouraged to pursue this opportunity. “Our goal is to broaden the way we think about talent, success and skills and backgrounds of individuals who can make a contribution to the EY mission,” says Kelly Grier, US Chair and Managing Partner and Americas Managing Partner – Emeritus. “These neurodivergent colleagues have transformed our business in tremendous ways —working on breakthrough innovations, improving our processes and boosting our efficiency for our clients,” she also noted. Companies that embrace a workforce that includes neurodivergent talent, and build truly neurodiverse teams, have an opportunity to recognize individuals for their unique contributions and also gain competitive edge by increasing efficiency, productivity and innovation, all while promoting authentic brand capital by creating a spectrum of value to stakeholders. These are the components that produce exponential benefits to thrive!
What makes our company neurodiverse friendly?
- We provide employees with job coaches
- We have a structured, neurodiverse-friendly onboarding process
- We have structured, inclusive performance review sessions to provide frequent feedback to employees
- We offer mentorship programs with other neurodivergents at the company
- A network of trained office buddies for ongoing support
- Wellbeing reimbursement fund
- Coaching programs for families
- Managers are given training on factors that enable neurodivergent success
- Recruiters are given training to fairly evaluate neurodivergent talent
- Employees are given training to ensure an inclusive team environment
- We rally employees together through Employee Resource Groups to foster a sense of community
- Cohort training and relationship building with other ND employees
- Technical instruction in data analytics, document tracking, quality control, and robotic process automation
All Job Postings
Check back later to see what opportunities are available at Ernst & Young!
Apply to Feeder Position in Cohorts
Initial Phone Screening with Hiring Manager
Online Skills and Critical Thinking Assessment